- About Us
- Our Focus
- Our Work
- Community Investment
- Ready to Start
- Raising a Reader
- Community Reading Project
- Helping Foster Youth Succeed
- VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- F.I.S.H. - Financial Independence Starts Here
- Reducing Homelessness and Hunger
- FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card
- Born Learning
- Contact us
United Way of Kern County's focus is on Education, Income, and Health. These are the building blocks for a good quality of life.
Kern County residents learn well, earn well, and live well.
Mobilize donors, volunteers, and advocates to improve lives in Kern County.
United Way of Kern County is leading a movement to improve community conditions by helping local people become financially stable and independent. A quality education leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
We bring stakeholders together to generate philanthropy from all segments of our community, marshal resources, forge community consensus, and build coalitions and partnerships. The combined result is far greater than the sum of each individual component.
Enable everyone to give and invest the funds where they are needed the most and show measurable results
- Engage people to advocate to change systems on behalf of those whose voice may not otherwise be heard
- Empower everyone to volunteer to maximize their impact on the lives of others