FamilyWize Community Service Partnership
Need prescription drugs, but don't have insurance?
United Way of Kern County, in partnership with FamilyWize Community Service Partnership and pharmacies throughout the country, can help.
FamilyWize Statistics for Kern County:
Saved Kern County residents over $5,000,000 since May 2007
- Saves from 30-to-40% on prescriptions with the FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card
- On average $19.84 is saved per perscription
- 200,327 claims for Kern County through June 2012
- FamilyWize card has no usage or age limits, income requirements or registration forms, and can be used immediately to reduce the cost of medicine for anyone who has no prescription drug coverage. The greatest discounts are available on generic drugs. Cards may not be used in combination with health insurance benefits. Cards are available free of charge from United Way of Kern County, or the following Participating Pharmacies in Kern County. Cards are available FREE of charge from United Way of Kern County, 5405 Stockdale Highway, Suite 200, or call 661.834.1820. Cards are also available at schools and various nonprofit agencies throughout Kern County.
- You can also text the word “family” to 700700. When you get a free FamilyWize Prescription Discount Card sent to your cell phone by text, just show the text to your pharmacist. They will automatically apply the discount to the cost of your medicine.
For more information, call United Way of Kern County at 661.834.1820. To print your card, click the FamilyWize Discount Card below.